Monday 21 March 2011

Fish finger licking

The Fish Markets of Gothenburg

I dislike fish. Partly from bad experiences with fish fingers from being a ridiculously fussy young child, a love of aquariums and owning pet fish myself (our fancy goldfish are called: Captain Birdseye, Captain Pugwash, Googly the bully of the fish tank even though he is half the size of the others, Jumanji and Lenin the pet shrimp) and also they do smell.

But in Sweden you have to try the fresh fish market if you ever want try real, tasty, fresh fish.

 
The fresh fish market
Open Saturday morning the place is full of fishermen selling fish they probably pulled from the seas that morning. We were even greeted by a man cooking fresh salmon on a grill and handing it out in small plastic cups to passers by- making this incredible smokey salmon.

The shrimps! This I am not going to show to my pet shrimp.
And the verdict, after one portion of Whiting fish I was sold. Well done Josh, I am finally a fish eater... if its from the Gothenburg Fish markets.

Our fish meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment