Sunday 18 December 2011

Day 21: Goodbye Asia we will miss...

those kittens

Day 21: 
three countries in three weeks comes to an end

It was our last day in Asia and as our hostel was putting on a free meal in the evening, we decided to spend everything we had left during the day! We bought lots of presents and a few treats for ourselves too.. we went a bit mental for panda stuff. Therefore, we deserved a big lunch. We dined like kings in the food court. The food court in the Kuala Lumpur market is where loads of little stalls set up around some tables and you literally can eat from any of them... or ALL OF THEM. We ordered some fresh watermelon juice (my favourite whilst out there) and chicken in a foil wrap. I don't know why, but the last few days my stomach had been having a rough time with all the spicy food or something like that and so I felt ROUGH. So as a treat Josh suggested we went for a fish spa.

I have seen many of these fish spas in England now and they are everywhere in Thailand but as Josh has a bit of a food phobia then we always avoided them, but I had to give it a go! Its like being tickled at first and then you kinda find it relaxing. Josh's feet were also like a free meal for the fish who love dead skin (kinda icky right?) so they swarmed his heels like it was crack! Afterwards we took our smooth feet back to the hostel where the food was being served out. 

The hostel had this amazing roof top bar and seating area so we were enjoying the view... oh and the KITTENS!! There were four baby kittens that were adorable, I think I even suggested to the owner I might smuggle one away with me and his was happy to sell it to me! ha ha. We ate this amazing potato curry and met lots of people from our hostel. Wheelers Guest House is the best hostel ever!




But then it all came to an end....

When heading to the airport we decided to go for the cheapest option of a bus that you can catch from Kuala Sentral (the main coach and train station) which is accessible by the LRT or other bus routes. The bus to KLIA is once every half an hour and takes about an hour but only costs 10RM compared to the 35RM for the train (although I think the train only takes 30 minutes and your baggage gets taken directly to the airport too... a bit flashy!).

At the airport a nice lady gave us great seats with lots of leg room and as we had 70RM (left over that we had saved for the train if we couldn't work out the buses) we had a proper pickle over what to spend it on. I was desperate for a burger king as, although Asian food is incredible, my stomach was begging me for terrible greasy food and I feel ashamed to admit it, but I just wanted chips! About an hour later after walking around the duty free shop like craziessss we found a bottle of cranberry vodka for 60RM and therefore I could afford a BURGER KING CHICKEN MEAL. (Can you see the delight on my face?) 

And there we have it... the entire ASIA tale.

Next stop... Vietnam? YES PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment