Friday 2 December 2011

the media

This is going to be a wordy one

I though it was about time I shared my wee little opinion on the world of the media, especially as it hits the front page. (Oh and today is the big day of my interview!) So here is a few things I am super cool and thinking about.

I have recently seen the 'hollidaaays are coming' coke advert. This always makes me (and everyone else in the world/ on facebook) the happiest person. But I have to think, bravo to that marketing campaign. It is one advert that changed the colour of Father Christmas' clothing to advertise its brand and that now sparks the first excitment of Christmas.

Jeremy Clarkson has been made to apologise for wanting to shoot protesters from an interview with the One Show. If you read that sentence out loud it doesn't look serious. I mean, if you took that as anything but a joke then you really have to question what has happened to comedy as we already have to be careful of everything we say. Oh and then that terrible video of a lady shouting on a tram came along and we all realised it was still out there. 

The News of the world and following inquests. Phone hacking is wrong. I know that if anyone looked at my phone they would probably think I was boring/fickle/drunk 90% of the time/loved up with anybody I text.

When anyone starts University they get a Facebook account. Its one of those sites that distracts and interacts. I think most people watched the The Social Network film, I happened to think this was a little bit like a fictional documentary, which is never really that useful. However, I am not ashamed to admit I will almost instinctively log on every time I find laptop and I really love flicking through photos of past nights out and sharing funny cat videos on my best friends walls.

The Metro is my morning and afternoon read, when the pennies are being scraped together in order to buy lunch at least its free! I also find its one of the only newspapers which can combine the headlines "Eurocrisis" and "Pension protests" with one page later saying "Man collects most gnomes". I think its nice to know not everything in the world is bad.

The new blogging sensation. Now, if anyone has reached this point and is still reading... hello! I think blogging is pretty nifty. I don't ever presume I write anything worth reading, in fact that is why I love pictures, but I like the fact I am sharing. SHARING IS CARING. 


Twitter. I feel somehow with twitter my training wheels (like on your first bike) are not off yet as I still am discovering everything out there. I mean, the other day ARGOS tweeted to someone. Argos can tweet? This is a sentence I never thought I would use. After all, I enjoyed one comedian's view that Argos was actually a shop with a wizard sitting in the back (where the warehouse should be) magically creating items people order and then projecting a number onto a flashy board. Although, Argos really does take the fun out of shopping when you wait for your items in a doctors-surgery-type seating arrangement.

You tube and the brilliant Rude tube programme, where I enjoy animal clips so much and ones with babies enjoying heavy metal that I once cried with laughter at a baby ripping up paper. What are the chances?

One word, Jordan. Seriously now... why is she famous? Big boobs. Oh yes, and the most clever person at marketing herself in the whole of the UK. I have seen trailers for the fact she now has a television programme about being signed with her. I am generally confused by this. The poor person has no hope.

Finally, flashy phones. The Internet and everything in one device. I am afraid I will still be sticking to my average size phone with normal buttons and fairly tame features but Josh is so in love with his phone I think the other day we tried to find a restaurant with his googlemaps app, open the door in the dark with his torch app, look up a video about how nice the place is with his you tube app and uploaded a photo of our dinner with his facebook app... ROMANTICCC app. (lame pun)

LIKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment