Monday 1 August 2011

the tales of my tank

Fishieeeesss
 This will not be my conversation opener on all occasions, just most of them.

 I could talk about my fish all day. We told the pets at home shop assistant that we were "fish people" and she didn't believe me until I listed our hundreds of fish (past and present) and pretty much bored her for hours about them all. I literally could not sound more like a weird freak if I tried.

However, currently I am back to being unemployed and I am way too much of a student still to be responsible for animals such as a bunny or turtles (even though these are on my wish list so high that I keep asking to be driven to pets at home to hold a bunny) and both these animals need lots of love and attention when I want to go travelling so badly. 

So I am a fish person. I am also a beef person.

(I do this a lot) Here are our fishes: 
Captain Pugwash, Lenin the shrimp, Sheldon and Trevor the snails, Jumanji, Gok Wan, Stuart x 4 the zebra fish, Sue and Sweep the sucker fish. 

So the news of my tank... I have two sucker fish called Sue and Sweep (Sooty died!) and suddenly all our new fish (Batfish, Robin and Jaffa) keep dying! We found out today that the sucker fish are BULLYING our fish to death. So they are being taken away to the naughty place... another pet shop. I tell you what, seeing a dead fish after a boozy weekend is the most horrific sight ever. SUCH DRAMA. And such a boring blog entry. 

However when you have had a messy weekend full of tents, alcohol, long train journeys, 3 hours of sleep, togas, Chinese takeaways (when it all gets too much) and competitive rounders.... I like talking about my fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment