Monday 22 August 2011

*insert poets name* eat your heart out


****

Saturday morning is my favourite time of day
Because I know we have all weekend to play.
I enjoy bubble wands and googly fish
I still use my lost eyelashes' to make a wish.
I once stayed at my friends and talked all morning about cats
We then discussed eating cheese and more about cats 
(yes that's right I rhymed cats with cats)
(so not to make people mad at my un-rhyming... I am a wee bit scared of bats)
I think photos are incredible because they capture things I forget
Like nights out or facial expressions we regret
I think I am well suited to people who make birthday hats
And aren't you glad I didn't rhyme that with cats?
When I go back home, I imagine where I used to be
When my mum's kitchen wasn't bright green and my friends didn't drink so much tea
Like the times I would trace the terribly-flowery wallpaper with my thumb
And it was ever so funny and cute when I would say something dumb
But I really enjoy my Saturday-curtain opened-sunny-bed-bacon days
And therefore I don't think its very super lame that I am stuck in my ways


 ****

No comments:

Post a Comment