Tuesday 29 March 2011

nom nom nom


  Food is my little weakness. 

I come from a very fussy family of eaters, like having issues with tomatoes, ketchup, hard boiled eggs, nuts and fish (to name a few off the top of my noggin). But somehow after a bit of pursuasion I have managed to combat most of the worst offenders of my food dislikes. And when it comes to food Josh is a boy who would not waste any food even if the 3 second rule had passed or the 'eat-by' date had long expired. We actually used to have to use up every last scrap of food when moving houses in University, including having gravy on pasta (I would NOT recommend this to anybody) and making a stew of everything our housemates had jars of. (You know those jars that always linger in the cupboards and fridges) And when moving to Sweden I had to bring my parents a bag of pastry, garlic, yogurt and potatoes because Josh did not want to throw a thing away.

Also things we have discovered along the way: A roast on a pizza is delicious, Josh gets cranky without apples, I have recently discovered I love bananas, ice cream on Coco pops is yummy, you can make a cake thats bright red and its delicious and we make the best duck salad in the world.

Roast dinner on a pizza
So in Sweden I was eager to try the new food. Including Swedish meatballs, fish (see fish finger licking blog entry click me to go there) and CHEESE. Who would have thought I could find such large blocks of cheese that make me so excited?

 
The finished product
PLOPP

The 'Plopp' chocolate bars are probably the most horrific chocolate bars I have ever eaten. I really do NOT recommend the black one unless you really like liquorice flavoured chocolate... then go for it!


We also found a chocolate bar called 'Wiener'
I'm so immature.

Cheese as big as my head. Yes please

 My final verdict is that I like Swedish food. And in Ikea you can buy an icecream cone for about 20p!! Screw you 99p cone from my childhood. (Although this is becoming more and more elusive).
 
Trust me, you can take the girl out of the student lifestyle but I crave Mc Donalds chicken nuggets so much that I have had dreams of them.

nom nom nom.

1 comment:

  1. Your closing comment reminded me of my girlfriend's excuse for waking me up with strange chomping noises one morning:

    'I was dreaming of ham.'

    You can't really argue with that.

    ReplyDelete