Monday 16 May 2011

eurovision fever



So its that time of the year again... cringy and terrible spring to mind. HOWEVER this year, like most others I will be watching all those awful songs and playing the infamous drinking game.

The drinking game goes a little like this: 
Pick a country other than the UK - or country of origin - and then whenever that country receives points you have to drink that amount of fingers. For the country of origin everybody drinks whenever they receive any amount of points as a celebration that you have received points in a terrible singing competition.

You have to surely have a sense of humour to watch this kind of stuff!! 

I mean... how can we forget these CORKERS??

2000 winners: Denmark - Olsen Brothers - Fly On The Wings Of Love (I swear this was turned into that really popular dance track... wow)
2006 winners: Finland - Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah (seriously one of the best! ha ha!)
2009 winners: Norway - Alexander Ryback - Fairytale (this is freakishly catchy but definitely not making it onto my Ipod anytime soon!)

And whats scary are that these were the winners! I don't mind though... and in the spirit of things I may even cheer along for Britain even though everyone hates us!!


That's my Saturday sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment