Friday 20 May 2011

oh happy days

The sunshine is back.

*Big cheer*

and I'm "na na na na looovvvingg ittt" (this in my head is sung like the Mcdonalds advert)


To be fair these pictures speak for themselves, but our day consisted of: 

* Thai food - I have suddenly had a craving for Duck Pancakes (I feel bad for ducks but they are so delicious) and my stomach definately wears the trousers in our relationship. I'm a skinny mini but I like my food. I don't think I have ever dieted in my entire life, other than cutting down on eating purely chicken nuggets and junk food for a whole week, so we went to find a Chinese takeaway place. Apparently there are not many of these in Gothenburg. In fact, the take aways in Gothenburg often are limited to Pizza takeouts. But we found this cute little Thai Restaurant which smelt fantastic. Josh and I always try and support little places as we find it better than giving just another fiver to a big chain company. This place was so hidden away that the toilet was actually also the people's bathroom. BUT it was fantastic food and considering it was all non-translated it was like ordering a suprise meal.
* Freckles - This speaks for itself. I have a face that does not tan.. however I do get freckles. I have never worked out why? Considering my mum tans like a god.
* A monkey busker - There seems to be the same man who plays various instruments along the Avenyn dressed in a monkey outfit. I like his style and I decided to take his picture. Maybe one day he will know I am his biggest fan.
* A giant egg - We stumbled across a giant egg statue and like big kids... we wanted to climb it. It did kinda smell like pee but it was like the inside of one of those curly wurly shells where the inside is full of compartments. One of my favourite films when I was younger was Doctor Dolittle 1967 but not that AWFUL modern one. That featured this giant sea snail... this was the most exciting thing for me ever.
(Click the link above and go to 0:15 seconds in for the giant sea snail)
* The most beautiful buildings
* Reasearching about places to go in Asia (SO EXCITED) - Last weekend we finally took the plunge and booked tickets to ASIA for October 2011. I'm so excited I could literally scream! We are planning to go to Laos and Vietnam and then mainly stick around Malaysia. YIPPEEEE.
* Applying for marketing/media/publishing/journalism/arty jobs - I have decided its time for me to start applying for jobs I actually might be good at/ I would enjoy. I really still don't know what to do, and how picky can people be when it comes to finding their dream job at 22 and especially in this rubbish recession playing field???
* Språkcaféet - A language cafe for people wanting to enjoy the strong Swedish Coffee and speak to people in their own language. Seriously... what a brillaint idea!
* Cute little cafes in winding streets 


And now for out last weekend in Gothenburg!! Its gone so fast.

Here is to:

oh happy happy days


1 comment:

  1. "I have a face that does not tan.. however I do get freckles. I have never worked out why? Considering my mum tans like a god."

    Milkman?

    ReplyDelete