Friday 27 May 2011

My last day in Gothenburg




The last few days in Gothenburg have been really odd. I have grown to feel like Gothenburg is my home and so it was weird thinking that I would be back in England soon! So this is my last day and its been glorious sunshine all week except today... I think the rain is my sign Gothenburg is sad! Ha!

We have had some amazing food out recently, in order not to buy too much for our cupboards to go to waste. Gothenburg knows how to do cafes and restaurants.

I will honestly miss Gothenburg, its just turning to summer here and the days are really, really long. For example, the other night when me and Josh went out... the only time it was dark was when we were waiting in the queue at about midnight because arriving in the city center it was still sunny (about 10pm) and once we left at about 4am it was light! Where was the nighttime? 

I am so lucky to have lived here over the last few months and see Gothenburg transform from Winter to Spring/Summer. There once was ice in the sea and now the trees are full of blossom and its stunning. All the people here are sitting outside enjoying the sunshine and it makes me happy. 

I just hope when I'm back in England I can sort my life out! I need a job badly and this damn applying process just means I can never get a foot in the door. I have applied to many places now so *fingers crossed*. SEE YOU IN ENGLAND THIS SATURDAY.

I swear I am going to ninja hug all of my friends. I miss them so much :)

Goodbye Gothenburg or
Adjö Göteborg, till nästa gång.

No comments:

Post a Comment