Tuesday 17 May 2011

peek peek at baby chickens



 Slottsskogen

It may be after Easter but these baby chickens arrived a tad late. 

These adorable little things are part of the Gothenburg free petting zoo in Slottsskogen. This is a huge park complete with seal sanctuary, pony riding, big open spaces (as parks do), duck feeding ponds, petting zoo and the Natural History Museum. Apparently every summer they also host a big festival here.

I'm going to be honest... I really want a pet Chicken. They are possibly the funniest looking animal and I love their squeaks and tweets. Apparently if you are around when a baby chicken hatches then they just assume you are their mother. Right... time to go get some chicken babies where I can be the leader in a game of prance around the garden. Has anyone seen that film when we were younger Fly Away Home, when the geese follow her on the long migration? Thats going to be me, but with chickens and a bit older and without the flying car thing (but maybe with those dungarees)! Also, eggs in the morning? Need I say more! (Except I HATE hard bolied eggs.. they really freak me out.)

Basically when I'm older and cooler I'm going to get chickens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment