Friday 29 April 2011

being very British in Sweden - a royal wedding


I will leave all the clever words and the grand celebration of a truely beauitful and romantic British wedding to the thousands of people all over the world probably blogging or writing about it on the internet RIGHT NOW. 

What I have to say is a little simplier. 

Today makes me proud to be British and especially happy to celebrate a little bit of a fairytale love story.


I had made scones, most which have been gobbled up by Josh's work, had a good old cooked English Breakfast with only my favourite bits (bacon, hashbrowns and sausages.. this may have included scrambled eggs if I hadn't used them all up baking!) and was sipping on cider whilst about 3 different streams up royal wedding updates are flashing over my screen. This was partly because the Swedish coverage included a lot of Swedish words I did not understand and it was kinda ruining the mood.

Then, the Swedish cleaner who does her rounds of the flats I'm living in came in. At first I was gutted because I didn't want it to be awkward, then it turns out the cleaner was very excited about the wedding too. She didn't speak any English (apart from hello and goodbye) so we started hand gestures and watched the wedding together!!

She did clap alot especially after I clapped when they were officially married. And when I was drinking everytime I saw bizarre hats... I think she was confused, but it made me happy that two completely different people who didn't even speak the same language were both watching a peice of history.

horraaayy.

No comments:

Post a Comment