Friday 8 April 2011

the tale of freckles


Spring has officially arrived. There is no more ice left in the seas/ rivers/ puddles. I know I might have been saying this for a while but today actually felt warm and I might even throw out the thick hoodies, thermals and snow boots. 
Although I did see a dog in a jumper.

 I heard England is much warmer which makes me ask the question: "Why?" 
Britain has such terrible timing with these sort of things. During exam period, when I am out of the country or it shoves a heatwave in the middle of dissertation hand-in week. 



Although I was thinking the other day, Sweden have got many things right. 

Along with summer comes the obvious beer and cider in the garden times. And I remember once in University we had an entire recycling bin full of cans. Then in Gothenburg they do this fantastic thing where once you have recycled your cans you get money back! 10p ish per can and a bit more for big plastic bottles and stuff. HUZZAH. I recon if I was a student here, I would have made my money back.

I am born for the Summer.


I get my good tanning from my mum. The Queen of tan. And she is heading to Florida soon, on Skype she told me she wanted as many photos next to me as possible to show off. Thanks mum.

HOWEVER people in Sweden appreciate their sunshine. I saw many many people braving the wind to be in the sunshine. They are all in the outdoor areas of the cafes and generally sitting in any place sheltered but still sunny. I think BRAVO.

 TO MISTER SUNSHINE <3
 Please stay until December and then longer.
Lots of Swedish love from,
Ranrah x


No comments:

Post a Comment