Tuesday 5 April 2011

its all about the dress

vivienne westwood - ginger lightning
The little black dress?

Jean-Paul Gaultier - my favourite dress
If I could I would wear a dress every single day.

Rohsska Museet - The Design Museum (Cocktail Collection)

I think, like most girls, I have always been a fan of big thick glossy magazines like Vogue and for me its is not necessarily the outfits that are being sold or being the hottest girl in the latest gear... I just find the whole industry magical. I love the energy of fashion shows and I am always tearing images out of magazines, sticking them on my very crowded wall and painting from them. 

Being that skinny is soooo not cool. I want to eat all the cake I want... and sooner or later it ends up on my boobs or arse. Also I have the most tiny wrists ever, how do you gain weight on wrists? Being in the design museum was like being a little girl ripping out pictures of magazines and being in awe of the most stunning clothes on display.

The collection starts with a history of fashion from 1900 - 2011. I tell you what, even though th Victorian Era was riddled with Jack the Ripper and open sewers... dear god their dresses were spectacular. With all the things going on in that period of history... can it be said Fashion was a big priority? Because in amoungst all the industrial buildings and escalating crime, a very man made world,  the Queen was dressed in the most amazing black, strong dress. Mods and Rockers fashion was also a big hit with me... including an amazing Andy Warhol 'can' inspired dress.


Girl Moment: LETS PLAY DRESS UP

Honestly, the most beautiful I ever feel (which is rare) is when I am in a dress. Maybe I have fashion to thank, some designer somewhere who made a dress for women like me... or maybe I just think if Queen Victoria can run a country in a dress then I can prance around in a dress feeling on top of the world. Cheesy much?

A big BUT... I also really like being in my Onsie. There is nothing wrong with pj days and once your done being dolled up all week then I like jumping under the covers with chicken nuggets and ice cream and terrible tv. PAH horrible rainy england, stunning swedish blondes, successful business women and lucky tanned beauties... i feel best completely naked.

Now that is pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment