Thursday 28 April 2011

the trip with the whale ship (day 1)

 day 1

This Easter me and Josh had a little trip across the pond to Denmark

You can take the Stena Line Ferry which takes about 2/3 hours for about £12 each way!
So off we pop bright and early on Friday on a Ferry the size of a WHALE. On board we had a cheeky little breakfast of a muffin (seriously muffins in Sweden are GRIM... I have not had a single one out here that did not taste stale. what a let down) and beer, or in my case the most bright orange cider I have ever seen! It was chili and mandarin flavoured!? Surely that is not right?? I had one sip and it was sweet but not too shabby... but I probably won't ever be ordering it again

I think because alcohol in Sweden is so expensive, people use the ferry as a booze cruise. Not only were we met with loads of free testers of spirits (I tried this horrific whiskey... at 9am it was NOT the right thing to drink!) and also an older gentleman was passed out when we were leaving the ferry from drinking too much!


We then took a train to Skagen which is at the very tip of Denmark which happens to be the sweetest and quietest little place we have ever been. We had fish and chips (or in my case CHICKEN NUGGETS) with our feet hanging over the edge of the docks, the water was so still and it was so sunny. The entire 3 days we were there we never saw one cloud, even our hotel owner said that was rare!

We then wandered down to the beach, which was deserted, and skimmed rocks. I have never done this before as I just assumed I would be useless... but actually my first try was a success. This was followed by about 50 pictures trying to capture our skimming rocks and then after realising in fact I was useless at skimming rocks we gave in. The town here is full of markets and lots of people with dogs. I dislike small dogs, horrible yapping things. I found a poodle and duck costume you can wear around you (see pictures above) and nearly bought it, maybe it was a good thing Josh distracted me at this moment. We ended up in an Irish pub just because Josh wanted to try Green beer, which somehow turned into a live band performance. Ate some more pizza, back to the pub, back to the hotel room whilst singing my new drunken obsession of wuthering heights. I have no idea how this started other than I showed Josh the song to show him how mental Kate Bush looks then ever since it has been stuck in my head... including the RIDICULOUS dance moves! If you replace the words "its me oh kathy" with "its me oh hanny" you might understand how mental I looked! Poor Boyfriend.

And that was the end of day 1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment