Friday 29 April 2011

i want to ride my bicycle (day 2 cont)

still day 2

Bikes are apparently my new favourite thing.

And my basket made a fabby alcohol transporter. We got a litre of wine (so sweet) and 5 cans of cider and beer for about 5 pounds. WAHEEEY. Also we bought a beer called "bad craziness beer" and elephant carlsberg ha! 



Hi mum.



In Skagen there are lots of little trails you can follow to see all the best bits. We went to the old church, Grenen including the lighthouse and Old Skagen which is ADORABLE. In old Skagen there is a beach, a weird compass overlooking thing (which I'm sitting on in the above photo), a few houses with bright red roofs and that's kinda it! Also everything over in Skagen works on almost an honour system... to go up the lighthouse it is just assumed you will pay about £1.. which we did :)

Afterwards your bottoms hurt

And don't attempt to do your hair and cycle... I thought I could and I nearly ended up skidding into a tree.

In the evening was where things really picked up. After going to the Irish bar the night before me and josh decided to explore a few more locations. Then we stumbled across this little bar Havnekroen which had some deal being advertised... we popped inside to find the most bizarre pub I think I have ever been to. 

Firstly, people in Denmark can drink. There was a man strumming out songs on his guitar whilst everybody sang along drunkenly (me and josh had NO IDEA what these songs were) then Lady Ga Ga some on and some drunken women starts literally table dancing right before our eyes... at 8pm. There is some poor guy at the bar who is still ordering tuborg whilst his mate is just laughing and then the air is thick with smoke (I forgot some countries still allow smoking in public places). So in this situation... what do you recon makes it really exciting??

Lets give these drunks a hammer and some long nails.

I'm not kidding.

There is a game which consists of everyone getting a long nail and then taking it in turns to hammer it into a massive chunk of wood. The loser is the person who's nail is still standing. Then we had to have a go. A few tuborgs later we joined in with some Danish people who spoke perfect English and told us all about how this game is actually Austrian. I was absolutely USELESS. I even at one point had 5 guys on my team who each took it in turns to hammer in my nail... and I still LOST. One guy (no idea on names) told me he thought my nail was obviously stuck and therefore it wasn't my fault at all... bless. In fact I was just a weak little girl. The only time I did win was against Josh who got molested at the bar by a drunk and therefore I had sneaky goes behind his back...

Ok, I lied, the man next to me took sneaky goes for me. 

Basically... I am not going to be a builder anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment